Monday 14 March 2011

PCC Seminar

On Wednesday we went to Chancery Lane, where the Press Complaints Commission is based, for a seminar on their policies and a question and answer session. I found it really interesting to see where the Commission was based, the offices were really nice and the seminar took place in a professional board room. The talk was given by one of the members on the complaints commision - it was very informative and I found it interesting to hear about the different case studies, which we were asked for our opinion and whether we thought the complaints had been upheld or rejected. We also sturied the code in more detail which I found really helpful as it helped me have a better understanding of the commision's role in the industry. I was surprised at how quickly the commision dealt with complaints, and how the context of each complaint made a difference in whether it was upheld or what punishment is suitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment